Green means that a successful backup has been made in the last 24 hours.
Orange means that your backup was performed in a period between the last 24 and 48 hours. There might be several reasons why your backup is older than 24 hours, for instance, you are backing up a laptop, which is not used during the weekend.
Red means that your last backup is older than 48 hours.
The second indication of service quality is the status message in the upper right corner of the dashboard.
- Completed: The status message reads "Completed" when a backup has completed successfully. It can be displayed on green, orange and red dashboards.
- IN PROCESS: The status message "IN PROCESS" indicates that the backup process is currently running. You can see this message on a green dashboard only.
- Failed: The status message "Failed" is a clear signal that the backup operation has not been completed for some reason. In this case the color of the report you receive is red. Contact your system administrator or service provider to clarify the situation.
- Aborted: The status message "Aborted" means that you manually aborted the backup process. In this case the color of your report will be red.
- Limited: You can see the status message "Limited" when the data selected for backup exceeds the limitations. In that case your backup session fails and you will get red dashboard. You can follow the link in the report to expand the data limit size for your contract