How do I restore files or databases to a different computer than the original?
During installation the software will detect this is a duplicate account installation, after you enter the encryption key you will be asked if you want to install the "Restore Only" version - click Yes.
Step 1 - Download and install Backup Manager
- Click to download Backup Manager here
- Find the file and double click to install
- During installation you will be asked for an Account Name and Password (these details would have been emailed to you. Contact Mozzie if you need these resent).
- The installation will ask for a Security Code which is an encryption password you would have entered at the time of installation on the original computer.
Step 2 - Select Files and Restore
- The Backup Manager opens at the restore tab. At first the details are blank but wait 1 or 2 minutes for the process to initialise and load data location and backup times.
- In the "My Computer" screen, click the tab Restore
- Choose the Data Location (defaults to Files and Folders)
- Choose the Backup Time/Date that you would like to restore from
- Expand the folder tree by clicking on the triangle next to each level.
- Select the folders or files to be restored by placing a tick in the box
- Browse to a location to place the restored files or leave blank to restore to the original location (a box will appear asking to overwrite existing files)
- Click Restore
The screen shows restore progress.
A backup summary screen shows completion status. Check no errors are shown, if there are any errors, click to display the message or contact Mozzie and we will assist.